Travel insurance can provide temporary relief and ease the pain of unexpected medical needs during your trip. Consider these four main motivators for purchasing a policy:
1. Traveling to a location, particularly abroad, where you have a higher chance of getting seriously ill
2. Planning adventurous or dangerous activities, like white water rafting, scaling a mountain, or hunting wildlife
3. Traveling with expensive luggage or important business documents
1. If you don’t speak the local language of the place you are heading, then at least learn the following phrases: Please. Thank you. I’m sorry. Do you have those shoes in a size
2. Wherever you are, wherever you are going, bring snacks
3. Don’t pack clothes that require ironing.
4. Never pack something that you haven’t worn before. Otherwise you’ll find your new shoes too uncomfortable, your new jacket too flimsy, your new underwear too wedgie-prone.
5. Take notes
6. Pack more underwear than you could ever conceivably go through.